Recipe of the Month: Inside-Out Grain Free Oreos
FOR THE COOKIE
- 3 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
FOR THE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN FILLING
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 5 Tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Then, prep the sandwich cookie dough by mixing all ingredients together and forming a ball. You’ll want your dough to be the consistency of classic cookie dough. Be very mindful of the amount of liquid you use…because you don’t need much!
- Next, place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll dough out about 1/2 inch thick and use cookie cutter to cut cookies. Repeat. Place cookies on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While cookies cool, make chocolate protein filling.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined, forming a ball. Just like the cookie dough, roll the filling out about 1/2 inch thick. Use the same cookie cutter to cut the filling into circles. Place filling in between two cooled cookies.
YIELD: 16 cookies 1x
- PREP TIME:10 minutes
- COOK TIME:14 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:24 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Nutrition Information: 191 calories | 16g carbs | 12g fat | 8g protein | 11g sugar