Recipe of the Month: Paleo Calzone
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of water
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup tapioca flour
½ cup coconut flour
1 egg white save yolk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
Pizza Sauce get crazy, Applegate Pepperoni, etc
- the coconut oil, water, sea salt and spices in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove, add in the tapioca flour and mix.
- Let this cool for 3- 4 minutes and then add in the coconut flour, egg and egg yolk.
- Mix and then knead for 1 minute.
- Roll out the dough into 3 balls. Take one ball and place between two sheets of parchment paper into roughly a 4″ x 7″ rectangle that is 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
- Make sure you can flip it in half without it breaking completely (there will be small breaks). If it has too many cracks make it slightly smaller.
- Fill with your choice of toppings.
- Flip in half. Pinch closed. To repair any cracks, pinch the dough off one of the balls and use it to do this.
- Pick up the piece of parchment paper with the Calzones in place and move to a stainless steel baking sheet.
- Beat the egg white you saved and brush it over the top of your two Calzones.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.