Recipe of the Month: Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Ice Cream (GF)
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato (about 200g/7oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut yogurt (or sub any kind of milk)
- 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces
- Boil or steam for about 15 minutes, or until soft enough to pierce with a fork, and drain
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork
- Once cooled, transfer the mash into a freezer-friendly container and place in freezer until completely frozen
- Place the frozen mash into your blending device of choice along with the yogurt, cocoa powder and maple syrup
- Blend until it forms a thick ice-cream-like texture – you will probably have to mix it around a few times during this process to make sure it’s all evenly blended
- Serve in a cone or cup!
Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Ice Cream
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.